- Boards & Commissions
- City Hall
- Code Compliance
- Financial Reports & Budgets
- Human Resources
- Mayor & Council
- Meeting Agendas & Minutes
- Open Records
- Bids & Surplus
- Contact Us
The city secretary is the election official for the city and oversees the administration of city elections to ensure compliance with all city, state and federal election laws and policies and to ensure that city elections are conducted in a fair and impartial manner.
The City of New Boston is located within Bowie County. Qualified voters, at a general election, cast their votes and ultimately determine those candidates that are to be elected to serve on the New Boston City Council.
The general election is held the first Saturday every May for Mayoral and City Council seats come up for (re) election.
- Mayor - Ronald Humphrey (Term Expires 2022)
- Place 1 - Robert Carr (Term Expires 2021)
- Place 2 - Sue Anderson (Term Expires 2022)
- Place 3 - Steven Williams (Term Expires 2022)
- Place 4 - Jackie Laney (Term Expires 2021)
- Place 5 - Neilan Hensley (Term Expires 2021)
Eligibility for Election to Public Office
Texas Election Code - Eligibility for Public Office Sec. 141.001.
1) be a United States citizen;
2) be 18 years of age or older on the first day of the term to be filled at the election;
3) have not been determined mentally incompetent by a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be: a) totally mentally incapacitated; or s) partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote;
4) have not been finally convicted of a felony from which the person has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities;
5) have resided continuously in the state for 12 months and in the territory from which the office is elected for six months immediately preceding the date of the regular filing deadline for a candidate's application for a place on the ballot.
6) on the date described by Subdivision (5), be registered to vote in the territory from which the office is elected; and
7) satisy any other eligibility requirements prescribed by law for the office.